apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: Unix LFS support for 1.0
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:31:29 GMT
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:05:52AM -0800, Mathihalli, Madhusudan wrote:
> On HP-UX it's as simple as using off64_t vs off_t when sendfile64 is used !
>
> sbsize_t sendfile(int s, int fd, off_t offset, bsize_t nbytes,
>                   const struct iovec *hdtrl, int flags);
> vs.
> sbsize64_t sendfile64(int s, int fd, off64_t offset, bsize64_t nbytes,
>                       const struct iovec *hdtrl, int flags);
>
> Let me know if you were looking for something else !

Yup, that's it, thanks.  Seems this sendfile64() is introduced in a
later HP-UX release though, I don't have it on my 11.00 box: so I've put
in the same EINVAL trap as for the Linux !HAVE_SENDFILE64 case.

Since that sendfile64 returns a 64-bit integer, it might be wise to
adjust apr_socket_sendfile() to store the return value in something
other than a 32-bit ssize_t for the LFS case.

joe