apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Move APR to the subversion repository
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:52:45 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:25:49PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> I hereby would like to propose that we move APR to the Subversion
> repository at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.

-1

I'm against immediate adoption of SVN for purely community-based
reasons, but not for technical reasons. I believe that switching to SVN
will raise the bar to entry for new contributors, and I think we
should do whatever we can do to try and lower this bar. Unfortunately
SVN doesn't yet have the wide distribution that our current tools
have, and I feel that by pushing this now we will hurt the project.

(Note the circular dependency in asking APR to adopt SVN before APR
1.0 is released, since SVN depends on APR. :)

-aaron