apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@rkbloom.net
Subject global_lock, how does this work?
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:13:34 GMT

I am trying to port the testgloballock code to the unified framework, and I
can't make the child process work.  It seems that apr_global_lock_child_init
only works if the child process was created using apr_fork.  This means that the
global_lock API can't be used on non-Unix platforms.  This same problem seems to
apply to proc_mutex as well, but I haven't tested it yet.

It looks like we should be passing the lock type into _child_init the same way
it is passed into _create, so that the internal structures can be created properly.

Was this API ever tested with apr_proc_create?  If so, does anybody have code
that does it?  I am tempted to just fix the API and ignore the API changes.
This API is broken enough that it _can't_ be used in a portable program currently.

Ryan