apr-dev mailing list archives

From r..@rkbloom.net
Subject Re: PATCH: apr_reslist_invalidate
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:05:29 GMT
Quoting Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
> > I ended up just committing Nick's patch to testreslist.c. I'm not
>
> That's a good question.  I wasn't at all sure my use of the random
> number generation (to simulate a failure rate) would meet APR
> portability criteria.  In the absence of an apr_random module,
> I've a nasty suspicion it should at least be in #ifdef.
> Or is srand48/drand48 really portable beyond *X?

Personally, I dislike using a random number to simulate a failure rate.  The
purpose of the test suite isn't to emulate the real world where you need a
failure rate.  All you need is one resource that has failed, so that you can
test reslist_invalidate.  This should be done by forcing a specific resource to
fail.

When I revamp testreslist.c, I will be making that change as well.

Ryan