apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Move APR to the subversion repository
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:25:49 GMT
Hi,

I hereby would like to propose that we move APR to the Subversion
repository at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.  Subversion had a
1.0 release februari 23rd.  Binaries are available for various
platforms.  Given that it is built on top of APR, it shouldn't
be a problem to build it on the platforms where no binaries
are available yet.

Subversion itself has been self hosting without problems for a few
years now.  There is overlap between APR and Subversion developers,
so we should be able to help eachother out if we come across any
issues.

A couple of projects have already gone before us, and there have
been no complaints (quite the opposite :).  The Commons TLP, and
the SpamAssassin project (incubator), have been using Subversion
for years, amongst others.

You can browse through history here:
  http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs/?root=Apache-SVN

Speaking of history, the full history will be preserved.

Then there is also the fine Subversion book:
  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

To play around with subversion a bit, we have a scratch
repository at: https://svn.apache.org/repos/test.

First, log in via ssh, and run 'svnpasswd' to set
your subversion password.

Now you're ready to start messing about.

Create a personal area:
$ svn mkdir https://svn.apache.org/repos/test/<userid>
< you'll get a passwd prompt, your username is your asf userid >

Check out a working copy of your area:
$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/test/<userid> my_working_copy

Experiment!

Sander