apr-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apr/apr-util python dependence
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:10:01 GMT
On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 01:03, rbb@rkbloom.net wrote:
> I would double-check this personally.  I just recently finished a project that
> asked customers to build an Apache module that depended on autoconf, automake,
> and libtool.  Even though I ran the equivalent of buildconf, the users needed to
> have all three tools.  That may have been because of automake, but I can't be
> sure and no longer have the project to double check it.

When doing releases, we take care of the buildconf step, specifically to
make the tarball selfcontained.  It should be rare for tarball consumers
to have to re-run buildconf (happens when using a wonky libtool with
vendor patches...).  I would have expected more complaints if we
required auto* + libtool on our target platforms.

Sander