apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Havard" <bri...@kheldar.apana.org.au>
Subject Re: Fix build on amd64 platform by importing new config.{guess,sub}
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:11:40 GMT
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:41:33 +0000, Joe Orton wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 05:17:38AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> Joe Orton wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks for looking at this Craig.  I notice you have left he conflicting
>> >matches in the case statements, e.g.
>> >
>> >    *:OS390:*:* | *:OS/390:*:*)
>> >       echo s390-ibm-os390
>> >and then
>> >    *:OS/390:*:*)
>> >        echo i370-ibm-openedition
>> >        exit 0 ;;
>> >
>> >this is really the problem which needs to be fixed...
>>
>> Supposedly the non-standard code for zSeries (a.k.a. s/390) has now been
>> removed in apr HEAD.
>
>OK great, I removed the OS/2 changes too, that just leaves AS/400, does
>anyone build on that platform still?
>
>Some of these platforms are probably already broken with the new
>gen-build changes since build-outputs.mk doesn't know about $(OSDIR).

Yeah, I noticed the build was broken on OS/2, tries to compile
dso/unix/dso.c.
So how do you test for the platform in python? Obviously gen-build.py's
get_platform() needs some work...

The script also needs to be smarter in that the OSDIR is optional, falling
back to unix if there's no OSDIR (EG apr/memory) which doesn't happen if I
simply change get_platform() to return "os2".