apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: updated port of gen-build.py
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:19:40 GMT
Sascha Schumann wrote:
>>Should I assume that this is broken on the same platforms where
>>gen-build.py is broken (where a mix of unix and system-specific
>>code is used)?
>

>     The shell script uses similar logic, so I am afraid it might
>     have similar issues as well.  I suppose you refer to this
>     rule deciding which objects to compile:
>
>     If a particular module (mmap, memory, etc) lacks a
>     platform-specific subdirectory, fall back to a generic
>     implementation (which happens to be unix all the time).
>     Compile all *.c files found in the selected subdirectory.

yep

actually, this issue seems to have been implemented in CVS very recently (blush!)

configure.in log shows:

Sat Feb 21 00:31:48 2004 UTC (2 days, 13 hours ago) by gstein

it looks like it builds the different OBJECTS_platform fine and hopefully picks
the correct OBJECTS_platform to build

so this issue is fixed and shouldn't be a problem for the Python or the
non-Python solution; sorry for not keeping up with things :(