apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: updated port of gen-build.py
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:58:11 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 08:41:08AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>Should I assume that this is broken on the same platforms where gen-build.py is
>>broken (where a mix of unix and system-specific code is used)?
>

> Eh? I'm not sure that I understand this "brokenness" ... can you explain?

 > As I understand it, if a mix is needed, then we pull in the relevant unix
 > code with a .c file that simply does a #include. For example, see
 > file_io/os2/fullrw.c. I don't recall that we ever had a Makefile that
 > built code from *another* directory, so the only option was to use a
 > #include to pull that code in.

Maybe an include trick is needed when you get some files for a feature from the
platform-specific directory and other files from the unix directory.

Example of a different situation: os390

This platform will use the atomic/os390 and dso/os390 directories but
<feature>/unix for everything else.  The SUBDIRS variable in the top makefile
caused the proper sub-make to be performed.

When you mentioned something recently about a problem with platforms (foggy
memory) days, this is what I thought you meant.  I guess not :)