apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: getaddrinfo() on HP-UX 11i
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:23:57 GMT
Mathihalli, Madhusudan wrote:

> getaddrinfo support for libc was added as part of IPv6 patch in HPUX 11i.
> But the situation may arise that libc patch with getaddrinfo support is
> installed but other IPv6 related patches are not installed. In this case
> both the libnss_dns patch and libnss_files patch with getaddrinfo support
> should be installed. Otherwise getaddrinfo may appear to be broken. This
> is because libc uses libnss_dns and libnss_files for name resolution using
> dns and files respectively.
>
> libc patch with IPv6 support - PHCO_24400
> libc headerfile patch with IPv6 support - PHCO_24402
> libnss_files patch with IPv6 support - PHCO_24401
> libnss_dns patch with IPv6 support - PHNE_24129
> All these patches or their superseding patches should be installed for
> getaddrinfo to work on 11i.

This box has PHC0_24402 installed but none of the others.

/usr/lib/libc.a definitely has a getaddrinfo().

I have the feeling that PHC0_24402 got installed because some other libc fix
(perhaps needed by java) needed it.  Do you know of a way to find what patches
require PHC0_24402, and also to find which files are modified by PHC0_24402?

Thanks,

Jeff