apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject getaddrinfo() on HP-UX 11i
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:20:24 GMT
Can anyone make that thing work well enough for APR's use without the optional
IPv6 networking stack installed?

To the extent that I test httpd 2+ and APR on HP-UX, I'm accustomed to using
httpd+apr as built on HP-UX 11.00 and have only casually used builds created on
11i.  Because getaddrinfo() was able to resolve the hostname of the 11i box I
never noticed any problem until today.  But it seems that APR isn't able to
resolve hosts in general, even though nslookup can.  This sounds bizarre, but
check out

 From a google of ->hp-ux getaddrinfo<- I see that some other open source
projects have disabled the use of getaddrinfo().

It seems very strange that we have not seen such reports before if indeed this
is really the state of getaddrinfo().  I'm hoping for some enlightenment!

Jeff