apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr/apr-util python dependence
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:06:55 GMT
moving to dev@apr...

Patrick Welche wrote:
> I see that good work has been done to clean up the twisty building maze
> in apr and apr-util. I suppose I want my cake and eat it - would you object
> to a translation of the two python scripts into ordinary sh, avoiding the
> need for those of us who haven't installed python to do so just for those
> two files? If anything I would prefer a dependence on automake rather than
> python.. that might make things even easier..

requiring automake is not something I personally would be excited about...  I'd
like to see how bad a conversion to ordinary sh would turn out..  also, I'd
guess that a conversion to the less cool but more widely
ported/precompiled/preinstalled P* scripting language would be a rather quick
and would not suffer greatly from uncoolness and would pick up additional
people able and/or willing to maintain it ;)