apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: gdbm licence issue
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:10:33 GMT
--On Monday, February 23, 2004 5:04 PM -0800 Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
wrote:

> Same here, but would love to have my understanding corrected, if it is a
> problem.

Well, if we believe the AL v2.0 is GPL-compatible, then this is a moot point,
I believe.  We're not distributing GDBM (which would be against ASF policy),
but our license *is* GPL-compatible (mainly because we say it is).  However,
AIUI, note that when GDBM is linked in, *all* of httpd falls under the GPL.
*shrug*

/me waits for Roy's cluebat of wisdom (+1000) to descend upon me

My head hurts thinking about this.  And, I could very well be wrong.  But, I
wouldn't remove the code from our repository just yet.  -- justin