apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject gdbm licence issue
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:59:05 GMT
Bringing this up in the appropriate forum.  IANAL, but...

gdbm is licensed under the GNU GPL.  apr_dbm_gdbm.c uses the GDBM
interface, hence is a work based on GDBM, hence all of apr-util must be
redistributed only under the terms of the GPL.

So I propose to remove apr_dbm_gdbm.c (and associated autofoo) from
apr-util.  Objections?

apr-util has one other surprising licensing gotcha that I'm aware of:
the Berkeley DB licence requires you to provide source to your
application if you redistribute BDB with your app, but I don't know
where the ASF stands on that.

joe