apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: apr/apr-util python dependence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:20:27 GMT
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:50:55AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    I am still confused as to what this all means.  What do you all mean
> by "Platform".  I keep reading these email messages and it sounds like
> "Platform" == "Linux".

The "Platform" will be NetWare. The gen-build script should be able to
generate the NetWare build items from any platform. Thus, you should be
able to run it on Windows, where you do the rest of your build.

> file in sync.   Are you going to keep gen_uri_delims.c in sync with
> gen-uri-delims.py so those of us that can't run python can still build?

I'm going to toss both generation scripts. The need to have a program at
build time was to pick up whether the platform was ASCII or EBCDIC, but we
can easily do that with a #ifdef at compilation time of apr_uri.c. When I
converted gen_uri_delims.c (to simplify the overall build process), I had
not thought about EBCDIC. Jeff reminded me, so my fix was to fix apr_uri
rather than poke at the gen-uri stuff.

Cheers,
-g

--