apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: Fix build on amd64 platform by importing new config.{guess,sub}
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:41:00 GMT
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:11:40AM +1000, Brian Havard wrote:
> >Some of these platforms are probably already broken with the new
> >gen-build changes since build-outputs.mk doesn't know about $(OSDIR).
>
> Yeah, I noticed the build was broken on OS/2, tries to compile
> dso/unix/dso.c.
> So how do you test for the platform in python? Obviously gen-build.py's
> get_platform() needs some work...

I think the {platform} thing in build.conf in general needs some work...

> The script also needs to be smarter in that the OSDIR is optional, falling
> back to unix if there's no OSDIR (EG apr/memory) which doesn't happen if I
> simply change get_platform() to return "os2".

Really gen-build.py needs to create a build-outputs.mk which is
appropriate for all platforms which use configure & Makefile, with an
OBJECTS which uses $(OSDIR) and $(DEFAULT_OSDIR) as determined by
configure (though since DEFAULT_OSDIR is a constant for the Unix build
system that could be eliminated).

joe