apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Reser <...@reser.org>
Subject Re: dot, dot-dot and apr_dir_read
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:30:08 GMT
On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 02:26:05AM +0000, Philip Martin wrote:
> Thanks, that will solve our problem long term.  I wonder what we
> should do for Subversion 1.0?  Ship with a big disclaimer that hotcopy
> does not work on ext3?  Implement our own dot-first stuff in
> svn_io_dir_walk?  Wait for an APR fix and require that version?  I've
> had a look at the Subversion code and I think hotcopy is the only
> thing affected.

I think that's the best thing to do.  We've already got a similar caveat
issue with libsvn_diff, linux (and some other OSes), 32-bit archs, and
the perl bindings.  There's a fix for it in apr's CVS tree.

In the case of upstream bugs that we know will be fixed I think this is
the logical thing to do.  Applying ugly hacks to work around problems
that are going to go away just isn't appealing. :)

--
Ben Reser <ben@reser.org>
http://ben.reser.org

"Conscience is the inner voice which warns us somebody may be looking."
- H.L. Mencken