apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Somasundaram, Karthik (ISS Mountain View)" <ksomasunda...@iss.net>
Subject RE: apr rmm
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 02:00:44 GMT
Nick:

I bumped into this a couple of days ago while reading this PDF file.
http://www.clove.org/~aaron/presentations/apachecon2002/ac2002aaron.pdf

(Search for RMM)

Also, check this link out
http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr-util/group__APR__Util__RMM.html

Thanks
karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 5:52 PM
To: Somasundaram, Karthik (ISS Mountain View)
Cc: dev@apr.apache.org
Subject: Re: apr rmm

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Somasundaram, Karthik (ISS Mountain View) wrote:

> Any of you have experience in using RMM(Relocatable Memory Module) to
  create link list and hash tables and access it across processes on
  Windows or Solaris environments.

Not heard of that one, but that's something of a hot topic.  I've been
wondering - without reaching any firm conclusion - whether mpool(3)
might serve the same purpose.

Is RMM a two-platform-only thing?  If so it's unlikely to be of much
interest for APR (look up the P:-), but could be worth writing a
module to exploit it.

--
Nick Kew