apr-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Keppler <klaus.kepp...@informatik.stud.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject apr_terminate with multiple processes?
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:32:22 GMT
Hello everybody,

a little question on apr_terminate: the docs say that an application
should call that function when leaving this world - best way to
do this is using "atexit".

But what if I fork some childs  using apr_proc_fork? As I see in
threadproc/unix/proc.s there are no subpools created before
calling fork. When I want to daemonize my process, I usually
fork() one time and let the (old) main prozess exit.
If I am right, that main process should *not* call apr_terminate,
when one or more of its childs continue working...?!

    Klaus