apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr_socket_recv
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:31:25 GMT
Marco Spinetti wrote:

> So I have a small question on you reply.
>
> I can find:
>
> - EOF controlling if the return state of apr_socket_recv is APR_EOF.
> - an error if  the return state is != APR_SUCCESS

yes

> The reply of my system is dynamic so I suppose that if apr_socket_recv
> replies APR_EOF all my data has been read.

well, APR_EOF means you've read all you're going to get...  you can't
know just from seeing APR_EOF whether the peer actually got through
transferring data or the peer has dropped the connection unexpectedly...
  if the peer application crashes, you'll eventually get APR_EOF from
apr_socket_recv()