apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject File buckets and downloadng files larger than 4gig...
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:01:20 GMT
    Win32 and NetWare seem to be the only platforms that support large
files.  Has anybody on the Win32 platform actually tried to download a
file larger than 4gig?  I am running into all kinds of 32bit/64bit
incompatibilities in the bucket code.  There are a number of places
where file lengths are defined as apr_size_t rather than apr_off_t.
What is the downside of redefining these variables as apr_off_t (ie.
off64_t rather than off_t)?  I guess the other question would be, is
this even an issue?  Do users expect to be able to download a file
larger than 4gig or even 2gig?

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer