apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: apr_atomic stuff... planning to move all implementation outof the header file
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:12:03 GMT
Here are 2 patches that fix the NetWare build.  Missing apr_atomic_cas
in apr_atomic.c and the APR_DECLARE() macros in apr_atomic.h

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

>>> Jeff Trawick <trawick@attglobal.net> Tuesday, December 02, 2003
11:27:18 AM >>>
I finally remembered I was supposed to be doing this when I had some
free time.

Comments?  Anybody want to (help me) fix anything before I commit, or
just let
it fall on the floor later (not a bad option)?  It builds for me on RH
8 with
or without the --enable-nonportable-atomics option.  With the patch and

--enable-nonportable-atomics, testatomics does complete successfully.
I'm not patient enough to see if testatomics will complete using the
generic
atomics code.  Even the code at HEAD may take forever AFAICT.

Win32 logic should be in its own atomic/win32/atomics.c; I haven't
checked if
they need some of the default function implementations.  If they do,
then
likely some code needs to move around further.