apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:01:57 GMT
trawick@apache.org wrote:

>   +  PR 24469, broken reverse lookups with IPv4-mapped addrs on old OS X
>   +    The autoconf check added between 2.0.47 and 2.0.48 isn't
>   +    sufficient for catching the OS X problem, because building the
>   +    IPv4 numeric address string from IPv4-mapped address would work
>   +    but actually resolving the host would not.  To catch the check
>   +    via retcode, you have to specify the NI_NAMEREQD flag.

A patch should be easy, but I have no system to test on (upgraded to Panther).
  I'm a bit nervous about doing a name lookup at configure time anyway.

Thoughts?

Is there any system other than OS X < Panther that ever had this problem?  I
thought z/OS did because the autoconf test was failing, but it turned out that
the autoconf test needed a little porting help.