apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: deprecated apr_sockaddr_ip_set replacement?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:40:25 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> /**
>  * Set the IP address in an APR socket address.
>  * @param sockaddr The socket address to use
>  * @param addr The IP address to attach to the socket.
>  *             Use APR_ANYADDR to use any IP addr on the machine.
>  * @deprecated @see apr_sockaddr_info_get
>  */
> APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_sockaddr_ip_set(apr_sockaddr_t *sockaddr,
>                                               const char *addr);
>
> I can't see how apr_sockaddr_info_get replaces apr_sockaddr_ip_set.
> Shouldn't the deprecated notes, say: use direct access to set ip or
> what? Or should it just say, don't do that?

The only recommended way to get an IP address into a apr_sockaddr_t is to call
  apr_sockaddr_info_get(), which is not a direct replacement for
apr_sockaddr_ip_set().

Maybe the answer is "don't do that," since you can't do exactly what
apr_sockaddr_ip_set() did.  But apr_sockaddr_info_get() can be used to achieve
the same goal.