apr-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject deprecated apr_sockaddr_ip_set replacement?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:03:47 GMT
We are syncing mod_perl-2 API with apr and removing deprecated functions. I
fail to figure out what apr_sockaddr_ip_set was replaced with:

/**
  * Set the IP address in an APR socket address.
  * @param sockaddr The socket address to use
  * @param addr The IP address to attach to the socket.
  *             Use APR_ANYADDR to use any IP addr on the machine.
  * @deprecated @see apr_sockaddr_info_get
  */
APR_DECLARE(apr_status_t) apr_sockaddr_ip_set(apr_sockaddr_t *sockaddr,
                                               const char *addr);

I can't see how apr_sockaddr_info_get replaces apr_sockaddr_ip_set. Shouldn't
the deprecated notes, say: use direct access to set ip or what? Or should it
just say, don't do that?

Thank you.