apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/atomic/unix apr_atomic.c
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:37:13 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 05:47:23PM -0000, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>>trawick     2003/12/12 09:47:23
>>
>>  Modified:    atomic/unix apr_atomic.c
>>  Log:
>>  enable the x86 atomic code on Solaris/x86
>

> Any guesses whether that will work with the vendor cc on Solaris or will
> this need __GNUC__ protection now too?

Ouch, I didn't even think of this code getting enabled for non-gcc :)  The i386
code requires __GNUC__ anyway (unless perhaps the alternate compilers for Linux
are compatible with gcc w.r.t.).  Agreed?

Apparently inline code is specified in a very different manner (in a separate
file even!) with the Sun compiler :(