apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: New release?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 00:40:39 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

> Branko Čibej wrote:
>
>>> The only issue I know of which is presently considered a showstopper
>>> for 1.0 is fixing some of the atomic APIs to return a value.
>>

>> And fixing the broken condition variable implementation on Windows.
>> Sorry, I'm working on that, but very slowly due to lack of time...
>

> code bug or API bug?

Definitely code bug. The current implementation has more races than the
Formula 1 season. I have an almost-fix in my tree, but I'm still testing it.

Hm. Come to think of it, there's also a possible API enhancement that
could make condition variables optionally faster on Windows NT 4.0 and
higher, but would require a change in how we create thread mutexes.

It's just that I'm too sleepy to write it up now, and have no time until
Monday...

--
Brane Čibej   <brane@xbc.nu>   http://www.xbc.nu/brane/