apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr_atomic stuff... planning to move all implementation out of the header file
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:27:18 GMT
I finally remembered I was supposed to be doing this when I had some free time.

Comments?  Anybody want to (help me) fix anything before I commit, or just let
it fall on the floor later (not a bad option)?  It builds for me on RH 8 with
or without the --enable-nonportable-atomics option.  With the patch and
--enable-nonportable-atomics, testatomics does complete successfully.
I'm not patient enough to see if testatomics will complete using the generic
atomics code.  Even the code at HEAD may take forever AFAICT.

Win32 logic should be in its own atomic/win32/atomics.c; I haven't checked if
they need some of the default function implementations.  If they do, then
likely some code needs to move around further.