apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject yanking some unnecessary networking apis from 1.0... time to holler
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:57:24 GMT
(or +1, as the case may be)

remove:
   apr_sockaddr_port_get() - caller can read from sockaddr directly
   apr_sockaddr_ip_set() - limitation of IPv4 n.a.s. is bogus
                         caller should use apr_sockaddr_info_get()

shrug:
   apr_sockaddr_port_set() - bad for caller to set in
                          sockaddr directly; I'm not sure how useful
                          it is to use apr_sockaddr_info_get() but
                          then change the port later

but leave:
   apr_sockaddr_ip_get() - this does interesting work that we don't
                         want to do ahead of time just in case
                         this info will be needed

Also, change the docs for apr_socket_connect() to remove the hint about passing
NULL for the sockaddr.