apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: filtering huge request bodies (like 650MB files)
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:04:17 GMT
[we really should move this to the dev@apr list]

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:53:53AM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> This was exactly the conversation we were having at the hackathon. As
> always, Windows was the problem, but I thought Bill had it licked?

Well, there are two things we have to solve. I think we know how to solve
the first one: portable IPC that works on Windows. This is not easy to
solve in a portable way, but given enough energy I think this is solvable.

The second part is getting all the different I/O types to work within
the same poll() or poll-like mechanism. This seems like a much more
difficult task to me, but it all depends on how it works under Windows.

-aaron