apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: r->finfo->fname missing on win32
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:12:38 GMT
At 04:44 PM 11/19/2003, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>It looks ok, but I think my objection was that everything else in finfo is
>>authoritative.  This field might be mis-capitalized (on case-insensitive
>>platforms), unrooted, or whatever.
>>Patch committed, but I think we need to call this out in documentation.
>
>ok, something similar to the comments you made across all platforms, at least, then?
>
>btw, I know we talked about it, but now I forget what your opinion was on creating/updating
one of the valid bits for fname - whether to create a new mask and add it or not across the
board.

Actually, NULL means it isn't there.  The question comes down to
is it valid.  Since we sort of agree that this info doesn't come out of
getfileinfo or stat, it makes sense not to create a valid bit.

Bill