apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to test for a valid apr_file_info_t and valid apr_file_t filehandle?
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:51:30 GMT
At 03:00 PM 11/15/2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>In apache 1.3 one could check whether a r->finfo is already opened by checking whether
r->finfo.filehand is non-NULL. However with ap2/apr, r->finfo could be unitilialized
and containing random garbage.

However, we could null out r->finfo.valid and rest assured that if it remains
zero, there is no available finfo data.

apr_finfo_t::valid represents which elements of an apr_finfo_t were populated.
With the platform discrepancies, this varies from OS to OS.

Bill