apr-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Tuttle <ntut...@opendemand.com>
Subject Re: Bug found in APR sockets while trying to properly memory-manage Flood-based project
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:34:22 GMT
For load test software or some other real heavy socket-users it could be
significant. In my specific application, I want to separate the pools,
but in the case of keep-alive sockets, memory must be allocated out of
pools that stay around longer than on the per-request timeframe. My
whole issue is that the software is causing the application to gobble up
memory at high load too quickly (especially if running for a significant
amount of time), so I need to tighten up the pool management.

-Norman Tuttle, developer, OpenDemand Systems, ntuttle@opendemand.com