apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Creating APR Tarballs
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:22:14 GMT
I've updated the tools/release.sh script in the apr-dist CVS repository
to make it easier for anyone to create APR tarballs. Before it was
necessary for a tag to exist before a tarball could be created. This
made it very difficult to release experimental/developmental tarballs
to a set of users for testing, since we only like to make tags for
releases that we believe will be voted GA.

The new script takes away the VERSION parameter and replaces it with
two new parameters:
  TAG is the CVS tag that we will pull from.
  RELEASE-VERSION is the name that we'll give the tarball.

For example, running

  > tools/release.sh apr HEAD 1.0.0-alpha-rc1

creates a tarball named apr-1.0.0-alpha-rc1.tar.gz from HEAD.

-aaron