apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/test testrand2.c Makefile.in test_apr.h testall.c
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:04:27 GMT
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 11:04:03PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:25:01PM -0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> >>  Start of new PRNG.
> >

> > It would have been nice to fix some of the portability problems *before*
> > checking this in and breaking the HEAD build on most platforms. :( I'll
> > take the directory out of apr_modules for the moment.
>
> How do I fix portability problems given that I only own one platform? In
> any case, isn't it better from a change trail POV to do it _after_ checkin?
>
> Finally, this amounts to an "it doesn't work" bug report - more details,
> please?

The integer types in the sha code and the C++ comments are the major
issues of those I pointed out already - it also needs AC_C_BIGENDIAN
adding to configure and use of WORDS_BIGENDIAN in the code, BYTE_ORDER
is not portable either.

Fixing the code style before initial check-in would avoid trashing the
cvs history with whitespace changes later... never mind.