apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: Proposed PRNG patch
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:32:33 GMT
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 05:16:13AM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> > How will this be used to replace the apr_generate_random_bytes
> > interface, or is this just to be used to implement a daemon accessed via
> > the EGD interface (or something like that)?
>
> The latter is the general idea - feeding it entropy in a general way
> when not daemonized would be problematic.

OK, then the apr_generate_random_bytes interface still needs to be
improved regardless of this work.  I agree this code should be in a
separate sub-project/repos if it's just a "prngd" implementation, FWIW.

> > - code style!?
>
> So where are the emacs macros for code style?

I just use the "bsd" style with the right indenting options.  Does the
httpd-2.0/emacs-style file do the right thing?  You wrote it ;)

joe