apr-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Proposed PRNG patch
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:49:09 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
>>Does Aaron Gifford have the rights to all the code submitted under his
>>copyright?
>

> I have no idea. Feel free to ask.

Since you are an APR PMC member and are about to commit the code to an
APR repository, isn't the task of vetting the code your responsibility?
   The ASF as an organization is making more of an effort to ensure we
do not get burned by some SCO like fiasco and thats one of the reasons
we set up the incubator project.  But you know all this.  Just simply
asking Aaron and getting a reply (archived to this ml) would be
sufficient to demonstrate due dilligance on behalf of the ASF. IMHO.

> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

Bill