apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_threads.m4
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:45:42 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 06:49:20AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>>jorton@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>jorton      2003/10/29 13:11:46
>>>
>>> Modified:    build    apr_threads.m4

> That change broke the OpenBSD build which uses -pthread with -lc_r not
> -lpthread.  The change I just committed fixes cases like that too, but
> it could do with some testing with the vendor cc on Solaris/AIX/...  it
> seems to now do the right thing with gcc on the platforms I've tested.
>
> Is it OK on Solaris to link against libpthread *and* libthread? I can't
> remember.

yes, it is OK/normal... it is a showstopper to get libthread without libpthread
though

if there is something messed up on AIX, I'll find out pretty soon; with the
vendor compiler I've only used it via the "_r" flavor of the front-end (e.g.,
"CC=cc_r" or "CC=xlc_r") if I want a thread-capable build...  no telling what
happens if plain CC=cc is used...