apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <...@manyfish.co.uk>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/build apr_threads.m4
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:42:21 GMT
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 06:49:20AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> jorton@apache.org wrote:
> >jorton      2003/10/29 13:11:46
> >
> >  Modified:    build    apr_threads.m4
> >  Log:
> >  * build/apr_threads.m4: If -pthread is used to enable
> >  pthread support, also add -lpthread to LIBS to ensure
> >  that libapr depends on libpthread regardless of libtool
> >  and gcc versions.
>
> $ apxs -c -p -o pgm pgm.c
>
> Ahh, relief from all those unresolved libpthread symbols.
>
> Cool!

That change broke the OpenBSD build which uses -pthread with -lc_r not
-lpthread.  The change I just committed fixes cases like that too, but
it could do with some testing with the vendor cc on Solaris/AIX/...  it
seems to now do the right thing with gcc on the platforms I've tested.

Is it OK on Solaris to link against libpthread *and* libthread? I can't
remember.

bash-2.02$ gcc -shared -pthreads -fpic foo.c -lpthread
bash-2.02$ ldd a.out
        libpthread.so.1 =>       /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
        libthread.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libthread.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1