apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Which 64 bit platforms does APR support.
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:16:05 GMT
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:57:27AM -0500, Ian Gough wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been given the task of determining the issues involved in porting
> our product to various 64 bit platforms but I couldn't find any
> supported 64 bit platform information at the APR home page. Actually, I
> couldn't find ANY information on supported platforms. I already know
> that the 32 bit versions of the following platforms do work, but can
> anybody has any experience as to whether APR works on the following 64
> bit versions:
> 64bit Linux

I've done some Apache/APR performance testing on AMD64-Linux (aka
x86_64 aka AMD Opteron) and was very pleased with the results both
in terms of speed and reliability.

> 64bit Mac OS X

Unfortunately Mac OS X is not 64bit at this time, even on the G5. It allows
some arithmetic to be performed with 64bit instructions, but everything
else is 32bit, including the address space.

View raw message