apr-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Which 64 bit platforms does APR support.
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 18:16:05 GMT
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:57:27AM -0500, Ian Gough wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been given the task of determining the issues involved in porting
> our product to various 64 bit platforms but I couldn't find any
> supported 64 bit platform information at the APR home page. Actually, I
> couldn't find ANY information on supported platforms. I already know
> that the 32 bit versions of the following platforms do work, but can
> anybody has any experience as to whether APR works on the following 64
> bit versions:

> 64bit Linux

I've done some Apache/APR performance testing on AMD64-Linux (aka
x86_64 aka AMD Opteron) and was very pleased with the results both
in terms of speed and reliability.

> 64bit Mac OS X

Unfortunately Mac OS X is not 64bit at this time, even on the G5. It allows
some arithmetic to be performed with 64bit instructions, but everything
else is 32bit, including the address space.

-aaron