apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: pool interface for shared memory?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:58:35 GMT

Sorry, this is not possible at this time.  There is only one implementation
of the pools API, and that's probably not going to change anytime soon.
In the past we've worked on pluggable memory systems, but the
performance penalty of our implementation was to high at the time.
If you are interested in that part of history, search around in the
mail archives for SMS, smart/stackable memory system.

Maybe we can experiment with allocators that have vtables (for alloc and
free) in the future.

Sander