apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/file_io/win32 filedup.c
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:59:00 GMT
At 12:25 PM 9/22/2003, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>  NetWare uses the Unix implementation of apr_file_dup() and
>apr_file_dup2().  There is not a NetWare specific implementation of
>these functions.  After looking at the apr_file_t structures for Unix
>and NetWare, and comparing them to the initialization that is done in
>the functions, it appears that the only missing initialization is
>
>is_pipe
>flags     (if not dup2 call)
>timeout
>
>Is there a reason why these fields would not be set to the original
>values after a call to apr_file_dup() or apr_file_dup2()?

Offhand, is_pipe should be dupped, I believe.

flags and timeout are very tricky.  Are they dup()ed by all OS's?
Some side effects, like close-on-exec sort of stuff should NOT be dupped,
we want the new handle to close-on-exec even if the original did not (think
of dupping stderr - we don't want to close fd 2 but we would certainly intend
to have fd 712 close unless explicitly changed.)

Bill