apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: remaining issues prior to 1.0?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 02:38:48 GMT
At 12:04 AM 9/3/2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>>--On Tuesday, September 2, 2003 2:30 PM -0700 Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org>
wrote:

>>>Other outstanding issues that IMHO can/should be fixed in 1.0.
>>>
>>>Configure issues:
>>>
>>>1) dealing with APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES on linux
>>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=105277560530754&w=2
>>>Currently it's just disabled, even when available.
>>>the whole thread is here:
>>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105271796700002&r=1&w=2
>>
>>IMHO, this isn't a 1.0 showstopper.  Someone who has a Linux box can step up and add
the right configure logic.  No API change is required here.  We don't need to hold up 1.0
because no Linux developers care to fix it.  (I don't have access to Linux boxes with working
sendfile64, so I'm of zero help here.)

Might I humbly suggest that we *ignore* the issues with sendfile64 and simply
use largefiles, period?  If they want apr_sendfile to behave, someone will step
up and fix it.

AFAICT, there are few 32-bit file size restrictions in the modern world.

Bill