apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: problem building apr on darwin
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:40:54 GMT
chiggsy wrote:

> Hello all,
>     I am having a problem building apr on darwin.
>
> I am using :
> darwin 7.0.0
> gcc 3.3
>  and here is the error i get :
>
> poll.c: In function `apr_poll':
> poll.c:126: error: storage size of `pollset' isn't known

problem was caused by finding poll() but no header file with definitions
necessary for poll

attached is one possible patch to play with that causes apr to refuse to
use poll unless we have the required definitions

it would be better to make sure we have the appropriate definitions
first, and only then check for poll()...  that way HAVE_POLL is set properly

so this patch is just to incite someone to reaffirm that they have
enough pride (not to mention time) to do it the right way :)