apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/include apr_network_io.h
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:23:48 GMT
jorton@apache.org wrote:

> jorton      2003/09/17 07:19:17
>
>   Modified:    include  apr_network_io.h
>   Log:
>   Move the 'sa' field to the end of the structure, to ensure
>   binary compatibility between a libapr built with IPv6 support
>   and one built without.

good move!

one of my evil twins considered allocating the socket address separately

the other one wondered about putting some reserved space in front of the
sa union in case we need more fields later, but that may be problematic
since apps can build the structure themself

on another topic...  what about binary compatibility regardless of large
file support :)