apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: apr_global_mutex_child_init & mod_watch
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 16:11:31 GMT
Anthony Howe wrote:

> Since Apache 2.0.46, mod_watch has no longer worked. The
> apr_global_mutex_child_init() consistantly fails and now I'm finally
> trying to get mod_watch/4 working again.

Exactly what fails?  (which syscall fails with which errno)

> Can any one enlighten me as to what changed in Apache 2.0.46 APR to
> cause this to happen?

The only thing I see related to mutexes between 2.0.45 and 2.0.46 is

Don't segfault trying to close a file in error paths of flock
and fcntl mutex creation.

PR:             19036

which doesn't seem a likely candidate for causing something to fail.

Get a syscall trace to see what is happening in the child, and maybe
compare your mutex setup logic (parent and child) with what happens in
standard Apache modules.