apr-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Bekers <i...@elexer.com>
Subject Re: [patch] sendfile on win32 slow (bug #20382)
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:08:11 GMT
hi,

> Maarten,
> How do you propose to handle Timeout processing with your patch?

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but to my understanding, the TransmitFile()
call is run in overlapped mode, hence transmitfile() returns almost
immediatly and only blocks on the WaitForSingleObject() call. Handling
timeouts, doesnt work any differently with this than before except that the
blocking in WaitForsingleObject() might take longer than before.

The only effective change made is increasing the blocksize  (from 64k to
0(=all) bytes), and the sending of trailers is handled apart from the loop
as the loop might only last one iteration.

Sincerely,
Maarten Bekers.