apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Evenson <even...@panix.com>
Subject Re: Apache/Mingw Build Hackathon 19:00Z Jul 1 @ #apr
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:51:54 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> At 09:20 AM 6/25/2002, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>
> >Hi again Bill,
> >
> >At 22:51 19.06.2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >>
> >>If we could set up an evening next week or over the weekend, perhaps we have
> >>an informal Win32/mingw hackathon on irc://irc.openprojects.net/ #apr channel
> >> to trade ideas with anyone interested in attacking this, and turn
> >> around working
> >>1.3 and 2.0 build methods.
> >>
> >>The problem with mingw has been the lack of libtool/autoconf/automake/m4
> >>support, but I'm hoping to hear that the situation has improved over time :)

Does anyone know if anything happenened with this path?  The situation with
the autoconf toolset has definately improved with the release of msys-DTK
package.

I find myself in the situation of needing to build native win32 apache and
mod_jk2 without access to the Microsoft compilers.  It would seem that if
these changes were ever created, they were not folded back into the
apache/APR trees as working with MinGW 3.0rc4 / MSYS 1.0.1 chokes in
configuring 'srclib/apr' (first fails to find a threading model chasing
around for the non-existent pthread.h headers, then bails out after failing
to find any support shared memory).

I'm very new to both MinGW and the win32 environment in general, so any
information on whether attempting to build apache2 with MinGW would be an
effort that one would expect to work in the first place.

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."