apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: troubles while connecting thru apr sockets (fwd)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:17:52 GMT

I told this guy to subscribe to the list but I dunno if he did or not.
Please cc: him in responses.

--Cliff

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:33:23 -0300 (ART)
From: Cristiano Maciel da Silva <cristianomsilva@yahoo.com.br>
To: Cliff Woolley <jwoolley@virginia.edu>, trawick@attglobal.net
Cc: gopaixao@dcc.ufmg.br, meira@dcc.ufmg.br
Subject: Re: troubles while connecting thru apr sockets (fwd)

below are my answers to your questions.

Apr_socket_recv returns APR_EOF immediately!!!

> > but, if i do connect, write anything to the socket, and then read it, it
> works
> > fine and i receive the expected output.
>
> maybe this behavior is due to the way the peer works?  (i.e., it drops
> the connection if it doesn't receive any data)

no! i was testing the connection in telnet ports.
i was trying to read the telnet server reply using apr.
but it did not work.

> by chance have you tried your client code anywhere besides Windows?

i am using linux (debian).

> do you ever call apr_recv() when apr_connect() is what actually failed?

every time i do test the return of apr_connect, and that was always
APR_SUCCESS.

> > is that a apr buggy?
>
> unclear

again,

thanks!!

Cristiano Maciel da Silva.

Conheça o novo Cadê? - Mais rápido, mais fácil e mais preciso.
Toda a web, 42 milhões de páginas brasileiras e nova busca por imagens!
http://www.cade.com.br