apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Darwin and IPv6 was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server listen.c
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:45:20 GMT
--On Thursday, August 14, 2003 23:43:23 +0100 "Colm MacCarthaigh,,,"
<colmmacc@stdlib.net> wrote:

> good good, patch works so :) In which I'll now cc dev@apr and include
> the neccessary autoconf voodoo to fix OSX/Darwin.

I'm not entirely sure the getnameinfo() patch is needed on current releases
of Darwin.  Host-based authorization *seems* to work without it.

Can someone please verify this to make sure I'm not doing something wrong
or misunderstanding what the original problem was 10 months ago or whatnot?

It's very possible this was fixed in a point release since last October.
If so, we can allow IPv6 on 10.2.6 and perhaps earlier versions if we can
get confirmation on those versions.  And, we *could* also enable it on
known-getnameinfo()-broken releases with this patch in place.  But, I'm not
really tempted to go that far.  -- justin